Last Updated on
*Disclosure This post contains affiliate links. I will be paid a commission if your choose to purchase through link contained in this post. *
We all know Aloe Vera is good for our skin. Aloe Vera gel has been a staple in the beauty industry for decades, maybe even centuries. It’s been the go to treatment for sunburned skin probably since before I was born. I don’t ever remember not seeing aloe vera gel on drug store shelves. There are tons of benefits to using aloe vera as both a super food and a topical beauty treatment. I recently discovered a few facts about Aloe Vera I didn’t know and thought I’d share it with you. Here goes 10 Facts you didn’t know about Aloe Vera.
- Aloe Vera has been used to treat skin conditions since 2100 BC – or at least that is the earliest mention of the plant. Scientists have unearthed Mesopotamian tablets recording the use of Aloe Vera as a skin treatment.
- Aloe Vera fights the signs of aging. The plant is full of Beta Carotene, vitamins, and amino acids – proven to improve skin firmness and decrease fine lines and wrinkles.
- It’s a natural moisturizer – no wonder it’s in lotions and other topical beauty products. It is the perfect moisturizer for oily skin types as it doesn’t leave a greasy residue of any kind.
- Aloe Vera is a natural source of salicylic acid – common Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) used in acne products. As such Aloe can reduce the appearance of acne.
- Aloe Vera is 99% Water. No wonder it’s so good for us!
- Aloe Vera is a type of cactus, which means it’s in the succulent family. Succulents are super popular in home decor these days.
- The Plant contains 75 naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.[ctt template=”1″ link=”c3cq2″ via=”yes” ]Aloe Vera Has been used to fight bacteria, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and moisturize skin since 2100 BC.[/ctt]
- Cleopatra used aloe vera gel as part of her beauty regimen. In fact ancient Egyptians called Aloe Vera the “Plant of Immortality”
- There are 240 types of aloe vera but only 4 varieties are used in beauty products.
- Aloe Vera Gel is rich in saponins, compounds with antimicrobial properties, making the plant a treatment in skin wounds such as cuts and scrapes
Perfectly Posh has several products that harness the healing and moisturizing benefits of Aloe Vera.
The best hand creme I’ve ever used. All the scents smell great and are non-greasy. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Posh Boss.
Apricots Overnight is an intensely hydrating age defying mask. This mask has awesome ingredients like Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, and Aloe Vera.
Fresh Creamy Milk…. My entire family loves this stuff. We even use it on my 3 year old grand daughter. It is just full of good stuff like shea butter, bamboo extract, and aloe vera. It literally has almost no scent at all which we love! We can wear our favorite fragrances without the body butter competing with it.