*Disclosure – This post contains affiliate links, if purchases are made by clicking the links in this post I will receive a commission. This does not impact my views, thoughts, or opinions.
In life we often are faced with obstacles, some within our control and some not. I’m sure we’re all acquainted with the serenity prayer. Just in case someone doesn’t know I’ll share it below.
Ok So now that we’re all on the same page, let’s be real for a minute. There are things that happen in life that you have no control over whatsoever, there are also things that we have no control over because we chose to give our power away and someone else is pulling the strings. not bashing you, I’ve been there too.
Since we can not control the actions of others we need to learn how to let some things go. One of the things I learned from my time in the direct sales industry is that you have to Bless and Release some people, things, circumstances… etc. You have to say I wish the best for you (and mean it) but let them go.
Seriously, holding on to that bitterness will destroy you and if you believe in the Law of Attraction, bring more chaos to your life since you are putting out so much negative energy. Letting go and letting God take over is the best tool you have against the world. Unfortunately, the enemy employs a lot of agents, he will come to you in all sorts of ways. You have to learn that it is in fact the enemy attacking you and learn to let God take over and do his thing. 🙂
That being said there are certain situations I’ve learned to accept. Not that I am accepting less, just that God has not yet helped me overcome this hurdle in life and I am accepting it. I have an amazing God and I know he can do all things, I also know he doesn’t work on my schedule so patience is definitely a virtue.
Here are the 10 things I am accepting and why I’m better for it.
- I don’t get to see my teenager much. It kills me, but I know God is working on that situation. So we text everyday – for some reason teenagers don’t answer the phone. We are working things out and it looks promising. I could be sitting here bawling my eyes out – and I’ll be honest that does happen from time to time – Or even worse, but I am accepting that our relationship is just unconventional at this point but we still have one.
Check out I’m a Terrible Mom
2. I had a crappy time in my teens. This one I think I am accepting as I believe I went through what I went through in Middle & High School because I can use that time to help others. I survived being suicidal, empty shell of a person. That puts in the position to assist others experiencing bullying and depression.
3. My finances are not where I’d like them to be. I am working at this but i’m not there yet. I was once told that the joy is not in being at the top, it’s the journey you took to get there. It’s in watching your business grow, meeting new milestones, and celebrating each success.
4. My family is not on good terms with fiancee and it creates a lot of discord… I rarely go to family functions because she is not welcome and that hurts my feelings. So we stay home. I am continuing to pray over this situation. I’m confident God will change their hearts at some point. #PATIENCE
5. Trump is president… I am not even going to go into that one.
6. I never had a daughter. I always wanted a little girl. Didn’t happen for me. I’ll be 38 in December and at this stage in my life baby duty is just not an option. I’m in the HGTV and Travel Channel stage in my life. 🙂
7. I’m gay and a lot of other Christians have a problem with that. I really am unbothered by their rationale and opinions. I can’t live my life pleasing others. I spent 30 odd years doing that. Now it’s my time to be happy and still love my God.
8. Natural Hair Products cost a fortune. lol I had to throw that in their because yeah… finances. Thank God for Curlkit
9. I’m not model perfect. While I am beginning to make steps towards losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle in general, I am in no way a bombshell in the general sense. I’ve come to understand that I can not allow the media’s standard of beauty impact the way I see myself.
invite you to look at your life and find a few things that you can accept as they are and move past them. It’s a very liberating experience to just say “I’m letting this go.” It can take your life in a completely different direction, a more positive and powerful one.
Comment below and let me know a couple things you’d like to let go of.