Last Updated on
The links in this post contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.
If you’ve ever had a massage you know it can be a relaxing experience, it helps you unwind and let everything go, all the stress, all your obligations – nothing matters in that moment. It’s also great for couples. Massage helps couples slow things down and connect with each other on a deeper , more intimate level.
But where to you begin? What if your partner is a little to rough or not rough enough? I have a few tips for you to make your at home couples massage a more relaxing experience.
- Take a hot shower or bath prior to your massage. i recommend a deeply moisturizing shower gel and don’t forget to exfoliate. This will remove all the dead skin cells and leave you more polished and feeling super smooth. It will be much easier for your partner to glide his or her hands over smooth skin than rough dry skin. 🙂
2. Toss a few clean white towels in the dryer to warm them up and nice plush robe will really bring home the whole spa treatment. This will set the stage for the evening and bring that wow factor. Your partner will really think you planned ahead and put a lot of thought into it.
3. Light some candles to create the mood and entice your sense of smell. Nothing to strong just a calming scent like vanilla lavender or maybe a sensual jasmine will be both relaxing and mood enhancing. Candlelight can be truly romantic. Turn the lights down low and play some soothing music. Some nice love songs or some Kenny G style jazz. The mood is now set.
4. Choose the right products to enhance your massage experience. Products that have premium ingredients like Vitamin E and Shea Butter or the new craze – Argan Oil will nourish the skin while providing a smooth surface to glide your fingers or massage mitt across.
5. Relax and reconnect. I believe an at home couples massage can be a rewarding and relaxing experience but only if you chill out and let the day go. Be 100% present with your loved one and let them know you appreciate their efforts. This is not the time to talk about the kids or the dirty dishes. It’s time to focus on your relationship and each other as individuals. And for the love of all things holy do not forget to repay the favor. No one likes to be the only one giving… It’s ok to take a little too.