*Disclosure – Post contains affiliate links. I may receive commission if purchases are made using links in post. This does not impact the content found in this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The direct sales industry is a world wide, multi-million dollar industry that includes everything from chocolate to fashion to home decor and beauty products. If you’re passionate about a type of product there is more than likely a direct sales company that offers women the opportunity to sell it. Moms, dads, retirees, and college students around the globe are taking full advantage of the party plan business model.
I myself ran a successful direct sales business for 10 years, until the company I was with closed it’s doors. I still have respect for the industry that paid my bills, allowed me to shower my kids with new experiences, and helped to mold me into the woman that I am today.
Why I love direct sales.
- Low start up. There are a multitude of direct sales businesses you can start right now, today, for less than $300. There are even several that you start for $100. Whatever the price point you can start a business with way less money than a brick and mortar business. There is also a reduced risk and you don’t have deal with things like vendors, your company deals with all those logistical nightmares.
- FREE Training – No business degree required. The basic foundation of how your business will work is laid out for you in your company training.
- Sisterhood – I was bullied as a child and never really had friends. The team aspect of the direct sales industry helped to keep me encourages and gave me a swift kick in the pants when I needed it. The social nature of the direct sales industry helped to bring me out of my shell. My team became my friends, sisters, and therapists.
- Goals – Being a direct sales consultant taught me everything I will ever need to know about goal setting . I learned how to make obtainable goals that forced me out of my comfort zone and work toward achieving them.
- It’s your business so if you are looking to make extra cash between pay days or you want to be your own boss and own a home based business – the industry has your back. You make it what you want it to be.
- You control your income. It’s up to you to decide when you will work, and how often. If you need more money – just book another party.
- Incentive trips – Most company’s offer you the opportunity to earn an incentive trip. I am a huge fan of these. AN incentive trip is when you work harder than you ever have before in the history of the Earth and your company sends you on a vacation – all expenses paid. I mean come on, how else is a single mom, with no college degree, and very little job security going to afford a vacation to exotic locales? FOR FREE that’s how!
- Discounts – Are you absolutely in love with a product? Do you find yourself buying tons and tons of it? Why not become a consultant and get a discount. You still have the opportunity to sell it and make some extra cash.
- Conventions and In Person Trainings – Conventions are awesome. You get to get out the house for a few days, travel, and learn more about selling, recruiting, and being awesome than you would at home. You also can reach and touch those leaders and successful consultants and pick their brains.
- Recognition and Awards. I’m 37. I have never worked for another company in all of my life that gives you recognition for everything you do as you get in the direct sales industry. Your direct sales business comes with a gaggle of cheerleaders Yelling YES QUEEN for just booking a party. That’s the equivalent to your boss saying ” YOU CAME TO WORK TODAY THAT IS SO AMAZING! lol
If you are thinking about it, just do it. I am certain you will be a rockstar consultant.