I feel like I’ve wrong you and I am floored by the gravity of my transgression. I failed to properly introduce myself. Hi, I’m Erica, believer and follower of Christ, woman, lesbian, (dude read my About Page) mother, soon to be wife, weird black girl of epic proportion, rock music admirer, and animal lover. To help you get know me a little better I thought I’d tell you 15 fun facts about me!
- I am a lover of fantasy films. As a kid I was really into fairy tales, unicorns, princesses and fairies. I traveled through the wardrobe to Narnia, fought with Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn, Saved the Childlike Empress, and confronted the Goblin King to save my little brother. As I became an adult that never really left me. I could always leave the horrors of this world and travel far far away and feel comforted and amazed.
2. I was a teenage mother. I gave birth to my oldest son at the age of 17. I struggled and I made it out the other side. I worked hard and was 100% dedicated to my child and being the best mom I could. Ian is now a 20 year old college student.
3. I just came out 3 years ago. My family had absolutely no idea I was gay, but when I met the love of my life I couldn’t hold it in any longer. I was 34
4. I was bullied in junior high and it took me years to get over it. Honestly, let’s be real, some part of me is still a scared little girl. I pray about it. I rock. Moving on.
5. My favorite color is Tiffany Blue.
6. My favorite candy is Sweet N’ Sour Starburst.
7. I love rock music.
8. I am mildly obsessed with Harry Potter.
9. I am really into DIY Room Decor and just home decor in general.
10. I am still watching April the Giraffe – I have a love for animals and giraffe are just majestic creatures.
11. I wanted to be a vet when I was a little girl.
12. The zoo used to be my favorite place – until I saw Blackfish and my whole outlook on them changed.
13. I am extremely sensitive and I cry a lot. I have come to realize I just feel things more deeply than other people.
14. My favorite TV shows are Drunk History & The Magicians.
15. I am currently pet-less. Trying to convince my other half that getting a Chinchilla is a necessity in my life right now.
There you go 15 beautifully random facts about me! Comment below and let me know some random facts about you.